Wednesday 14 August 2013

Silence Speaks Louder Than Words

   You know when something hurts you a lot and you feel like those that hurt you just don't understand what they have done? You decide that's the last straw, they are never going to hurt you again. But when they text you a few days later telling you everything was a mistake, you're an amazing person and they want to rekindle your friendship, you just give in because you want to go back to how everything was. In reality, when you message that person back saying you forgive them, it doesn't magically turn everything back to normal, it sets you up to fall again. This has happened to me so many times, each time I forgive someone I've been hurt more and more by them because they learn exactly how to get at me. I refuse to let this happen anymore. I know I have said that a lot, probably every time I've been hurt but this time I honestly mean it. This same person has messaged me twice now, it probably would have been more if I hadn't blocked her on Facebook, and I have restrained myself from replying. I've learnt that the trick is to tell yourself to think of the best comeback and then you can reply, but by the time you've thought of one the moment has passed, or you just don't see any point to it. This way I've put my phone down, left it in my room, put it on silent etc. and gone and had fun whilst the other person sits waiting for my reply. In this situation silence speaks louder than words, I could never begin to explain the hurt I felt over the things certain people put me through, so my silence says it for me.
   I'm not saying don't trust people again, just don't let them come too close too quickly because it will probably all end in tears, and it won't be their tears.
   Stay strong x

No comments:

Post a Comment