Thursday 15 August 2013

Packing Once Again...

At least I'm not going away for as long this time, only a few days and I'm going to a festival and seeing a friend who I haven't seen in a while. Though it's raining really heavily, the festival ground is probably a massive mud bath by now and seeing a friend you haven't seen in ages and won't see again for ages means saying good bye to them at the end. I know I should probably focus on seeing my friend and being grateful that I get to spend time with him but at the same a small part of me is wondering whether it would be easier to just stop replying to his texts and not meeting up with him. Is that the cowardly thing to do? Or am I just protecting myself from the inevitable hurt of saying good bye? This all sounds very dramatic but I am genuinely concerned as to whether seeing someone is worth saying good bye and not seeing them for another year. A lot can happen in a year of not seeing someone.

2 comments:

  1. A year is not that long. I have friends I do not see for years but love having friends in other places gives me a reason to travel!

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah but this friend and I are very very close and I simply do not have the resources to just up and go travelling any time just to see friends. A year may not be a long time but it is a long time to go without seeing someone you really love.

      Delete